Shepherd’s Door – Addiction Recovery for Women
What is Shepherd’s Door?
Shepherd’s Door is a community of single women and women with children (ages 10 and under) who participate in New Life Ministries at Portland Rescue Mission. At Shepherd’s Door, you’ll find a sanctuary of peace and security as you move into a healthy lifestyle while dealing with the pain of addiction and previous choices. You (and your children) will learn basic life skills, as well as develop an understanding of how to make a total life change, restoring relationships, and living in freedom!
Shepherd’s Door has developed an outstanding relationship with the Department of Human Services, and we work diligently with the courts to provide you with significant opportunities to learn strong parenting skills in a loosely supervised environment.
If you are seeking freedom from addiction, a rich relationship with God and a group of women to walk this journey with, consider applying for an interview at Shepherd’s Door. Our faith is the strongest component of complete life healing. Come walk this journey with other women who have found their hope and healing through a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Who Should Join the New Life Ministry?
People who are…
- Age 18+
- Drug- and alcohol-free
- Committed to recovery
- Open to a deeper relationship with God
- Medically and mentally stable
- Willing to live on-site for 12 months
What Do We Offer?
Shepherd’s Door includes a 12-month residential recovery program that offers addiction recovery, life skills training and spiritual growth.
- Begin with a 5-week Discovery to establish stability and build a foundation for growth
- Experience healing in a safe community where the core issues of addiction can be addressed
- Develop a transformational relationship with God through a Christ-centered environment
- Establish purpose, direction and tools for long-term success
- Receive ongoing support for career planning, job search and integration into a healthy community
- Engage with caring, trained and professional staff and volunteers who are energetic and friendly
Where Are We Located?
13207 NE Halsey Street Portland, OR 97230
How Much Does It Cost?
How Do I Apply?
You can apply for Shepherd’s Door by calling 503-746-9743
Download the New Life Ministries Brochure