We need volunteers! During the summer, our volunteer numbers typically go down even though the need for services remains high. To help operations run smoothly, we’re looking for relational, compassionate volunteers to engage our homeless guests and recovery residents in a variety of positions.
- Guest Relations Office (Downtown) – Volunteers are needed from 8am-8pm, 7 days a week in the GRO. Shifts are usually 2-3 hours at a time. This is a great opportunity for those who would like to help many of our guests at their greatest point of need. They’ll do everything from delivering socks, mail and toothpaste with a smile to helping hurting people get connected with resources throughout the mission.
- Discipleship Group Leaders (The Harbor) – Male volunteers are needed on Tuesday nights at the Harbor from 6:30-8:30pm to help lead a small group of Harbor men through a Bible-based small group. With the increased number of residents, we have a need for men who have a gift/desire to disciple other men.
- Learning Center Advisor (The Harbor) – This volunteer role requires about two hours in the 10:00 – 11:45 AM time slot every other week. Advisors meet with men to discuss their education goals, providing encouragement, accountability, and guidance.
- Community Center Volunteers (Burnside) – This is a great role for individuals who would like to build relationships and minister to men and women, many who come from the streets. A Community Center volunteer would serve once a week (Monday-Friday) from 1:30pm-4:30pm. The possible roles are vast, from karaoke coordinator to beautician and everything in between. It’s all about creating a safe, relational space for guests to come during the week.
- Family Life Center (Shepherd’s Door) – Volunteers are needed to serve in our kids ministry from 8am-4pm, Monday-Friday. They’ll have the opportunity to minister to children from newborns though 11 years of age. They can expect to hold babies, color with the children, teach them from God’s word and serve as a human jungle gym. Right now we have about 20 kids in the program and need some serious help!
- Connect Meal Volunteers (Burnside) – We’re looking for female volunteers to share a meal and fellowship with our Connect ladies while they eat dinner together. This opportunity is available 7 days a week anytime from 4:30pm-7pm. Within this time volunteers will be able to build relationships and sow seeds of discipleship with the Connect ladies.
- Evening Ministry (Burnside) – Church groups (6-20 people) are needed to help serve dinner at the mission (7 days a week) and host the chapel service downtown. There are only a few slots open for this but it is a great opportunity for churches or small groups to significantly partner with us in the ongoing work God is doing in our city.