Do you know someone who is ready to shed the powerful grip of addiction and life crises in a safe, relational environment? Ready to experience restoration through recovery support, spiritual development and life skills? If so, check out our New Life Ministry for men at The Harbor, and our New Life Ministry for women and children at Shepherd’s Door. (Watch Mike’s testimony, above, as he talks about how he found meaning and purpose at Portland Rescue Mission).
ABOUT NEW LIFE MINISTRIES
- New Life Ministries is a 12-month residential recovery program.
- New Life Ministries is a safe, relational environment to restore life through integrated addiction recovery, life skills training and spiritual formation in a retreat-like setting.
- ADDICTION RECOVERY: Addresses core challenged resulting in long-term success. Supported by caring volunteers.
- LIFE SKILLS: Prepares residents for independent living including GED, personal responsibilities and vocational experiences.
- SPIRITUAL GROWTH: Encourages healthy relationships with God and others. Successful recovery through emotional healing and spiritual renewal.
- RESIDENT ADVOCACY: Supports residents through professinal advocacy in legal, financial and health services. Progress reports can be provided to authorities.
- CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CENTER: Provides nurturing care for children to age 10 through interactive play, learning activites, spiritual formation and public school support. (Shepherd’s Door only).
- Nothing. No insurance required. Expenses covered by caring donors.
- Medically and mentally stable
- Alcohol- and drug-free
- Prepared to be a 24-7 resident for a year
- Strong desire for recovery
- Follow program guidelines and live safely in the community
- The Harbor for men (10336 NE Wygant Street, Portland)
- Shepherd’s Door for women and children (13207 NE Halsey Street, Portland)
- SHEPHERD’S DOOR FOR WOMEN & CHILDREN: Ianthe Gillock, Intake Specialist – [email protected] – 503.746.9743
- THE HARBOR FOR MEN: Derek Barnes, Intake Specialist – [email protected] – 503.746.9664
New Life Ministries is our 12-month addiction recovery program at Portland Rescue Mission. Download your New Life Ministries brochure BELOW to help us give hope and restore life to men, women and children suffering from homelessness and addiction.