If not, Portland Rescue Mission is here to help, and we have free resources for you at PortlandRescueMission.org/Plan, which includes “Provide & Protect” (a book written by estate planning expert A. Charles Schultz). By making careful plans for the future now, you can provide for your loved ones and continue to support Portland Rescue Mission in the process.
“People want to continue to support what they believe in over their lives,” said George Vaughan, Donor Relations Manager. “Portland Rescue Mission was founded in 1949, and it has flourished and grown for over 65 years. It is supported by more than 30,000 likeminded people … who recognize that we do what they can’t do, and want to support it and help us in anyway they can.
Here’s a few ways you can plan for your financial future, and also leave a legacy of giving hope and restoring life:
- BEQUESTS: You can name Portland Rescue Mission as a beneficiary in your will with either a designated dollar amount or a specified percentage of your estate. Another option is to name Portland Rescue Mission as a remainder beneficiary to receive funds only after specific sums have been paid to other beneficiaries.
- CHARITABLE GIFT ANNUITIES: Charitable gift annuities enable you to make a gift to Portland Rescue Mission now and receive guaranteed income for yourself from those assets for life.
- CHARITABLE REMAINDER TRUSTS: Charitable remainder trusts are irrevocable trusts that benefit you and others you name for a term of years or a lifetime. Upon termination, the remaining assets pass on to Portland Rescue Mission.
- CHARITABLE LEAD TRUSTS: Charitable lead trusts are tax-exempt trusts that make annual payments to Portland Rescue Mission for a defined period of time. When the trust terminates, the remainder is paid to you or your heirs.
- RETIREMENT FUNDS: You can name Portland Rescue Mission as a beneficiary on your retirement accounts such as 401K, 403(b), IRA or Roth IRA.
- LIFE INSURANCE: A gift of life insurance can provide a significant charitable deduction. You can purchase a new policy or donate an existing one that you no longer need.
TO GET YOUR FREE RESOURCES, GO TO PORTLANDRESCUEMISSION.ORG/PLAN AND SECURE YOUR LEGACY OF HOPE!