Do you know someone who is on a path to a stable future but needs a safe, healthy place to live? Completing outpatient recovery? Actively seeking employment and permanent housing? If so, check out our Connect Ministry and see what it can offer to its participants. (Watch Gary’s testimony, above, as he talks about how Connect helped him find ‘home’ for the first time in his life).
- Connect is a 3-month transition program away from the street that provides a bridge to employment and housing.
- Connect is a step toward a healthy lifestyle for people dealing with emotional scars of abuse, challenges of addiction, or limited work history.
- Secure program and living quarters
- Daily and nightly shelter, plus three meals a day
- Safe alcohol- and drug-free community to live in while seeking permanent housing and employment
- Opportunity to gain employable work experience by serving meals, maintaining living quarters and completing small projects
- Support for career planning, job searches, and integration into healthy community
- Encouragement from trained professional staff and volunteers who are highly relational
- Nothing. Expenses covered by caring donors.
- Medically and mentally stable
- Alcohol- and drug-free
- Walk 2-3 flights of stairs
- Attend a weekly one-hour Life Group focused on healing relationships
- Follow program guidelines and live safely in the community
- Burnside Shelter, upper floors (111 W. Burnside, Portland)
NEED A SHORTER STAY WITH LESS STRUCTURE?
- Ask about our Referral Bed Program
- CONNECT FOR WOMEN: Deanne Gillock, Program Manager – [email protected] – 503.828.3187 (Orientation: 11 a.m., Monday & Thursday)
- CONNECT FOR MEN: Dominic Abaria, Advocate & Chaplain – [email protected] – 503.746.9648 (Orientation: 11 a.m., Tuesday & Thursday)