Our community center is a relationally-focused, activity-driven haven for our homeless guests to get off the street and spend time in each day. In the fall of 2013, we transformed the chapel in our Burnside Shelter into our daytime community center – loaded with activities and space for homeless men and women to engage in healthy, uplifting conversations with Mission staff and volunteers.
Homeless guests enjoy…
- Hot showers
- Theater-style movies and popcorn
- Alcoholics anonymous meetings
- Board games
- Bike repair stations
- Assistance writing resumes and preparing for job interviews
- Classes to prepare men and women for responsibly handling housing
- And much, much more!
What are your hobbies and interests? Share them with homeless guests!
- We’re always looking for volunteers to spend time with homeless guests throughout the week in our community center.
- Engage people in conversation, listen to their stories, and pray with them.
- Share your hobbies and skills! Anything from painting to photography to music, let us know what you’d like to do!
Sound interesting? Send Chris Kingston an email at [email protected]!
Not available to volunteer? Financial gifts keep us running. Consider making a monthly donation to help homeless men and women find hope and life transformation.