Who Are We?
Shepherd’s Door is a community of single women and women with children (ages 10 and under) who participate in New Life Ministries at Portland Rescue Mission. At Shepherd’s Door, you’ll find a sanctuary of peace and security as you move into a healthy lifestyle while dealing with the pain of addiction and previous choices. You (and your children) will learn basic life skills, as well as develop an understanding of how to make a total life change, restoring relationships, and living in freedom!
Shepherd’s Door has developed an outstanding relationship with the Department of Human Services, and we work diligently with the courts to provide you with significant opportunities to learn strong parenting skills in a loosely supervised environment.
If you are seeking freedom from addiction, a rich relationship with God and a group of women to walk this journey with, consider applying for an interview at Shepherd’s Door. Our faith is the strongest component of complete life healing. Come walk this journey with other women who have found their hope and healing through a relationship with Jesus Christ.
What Do We Offer?
Shepherd’s Door is a 12-month Restoration Ministry built for long-term success.
- Begin with 5-weeks in our Discovery program to establish stability and build a foundation for growth
- Experience healing in a safe community where the core issues of addiction can be addressed
- Develop a transformational relationship with God through a Christ-centered environment
- Establish purpose, direction and tools for long-term success
- Receive ongoing support for career planning, job search and integration into healthy community
- Engage with caring, trained and professional staff and volunteers who are energetic and highly relational
How Much Does It Cost?
Nothing. All programs are free of charge but do take place in a drug, alcohol and nicotine-free environment.
Where Are We Located?
13207 NE Halsey Street
Portland, OR 97230
Interested? Call 503-906-7650 or Apply Below
Still Want to Know More?
Follow all of the happenings at Portland Rescue Mission in our main blog, including at Shepherd’s Door, specifically. You can also watch our “Stories of Hope” videos (see our most recent one at the top of the page) and hear the women talk about how their life has been transformed as a result of being a part of New Life Ministries.