Connect Program for Men and Women
What is Connect?
Connect is a three month homeless assistance program helping men or women transition to independent housing and employment. Participants are provided:
- Daily shelter plus three meals a day
- A safe alcohol and drug-free community to live in while seeking permanent housing and employment
- Separate programs and living quarters for men and women. Women’s floor has secure access
- An opportunity to give back to the community by serving meals, cooking, and maintaining the Portland Rescue Mission facility
- Support for career planning, job searches, and integration into healthy community
- Caring, trained professional staff and volunteers who are highly relational
Who needs Connect? Real people like…
- Roberta, a 55 year old woman thrown out of her house after living with an abusive husband for 27 years. No money and nowhere to go.
- Sally, addicted to drugs for over 25 years, lost her children to social services. She wants to live a clean life.
- Sam, a cook and manager in restaurants for over 30 years, was part of a long history of alcoholism in his family. He lost his job, then lost his home.
These are real people. And they’re joining Connect in hope for a new beginning
Who Are We?
The Connect program is a community of men and women gaining stability as they transition from homelessness or life crisis. Connect is often the first step to a better life for people experiencing homelessness and/or dealing with the emotional scars of abuse, overcoming challenges of addiction and finding work after months or years without work history.
Participants have three months to tap into the many resources as they find permanent housing, seek employment and pursue out-patient recovery and/or mental health counseling. Dedicated Connect staff spend one-on-one time with residents teaching life skills, restoring relationships and creating opportunities for intentional community building.
We work with other agencies in Portland that work with individuals overcoming addiction and homelessness. Resources include case management, mental health and substance abuse counseling, access to legal services, health care providers, dental services, housing specialists and employment programs.
What Are The Requirements?
Connect is a drug and alcohol-free program. Participants must be medically stable and able to fully participate in all aspects of the program. They need to be willing to abide by program guidelines, advocate for themselves and participate in community projects.
How Much Does It Cost?
Nothing. All programs are free of charge.
Where Are We Located?
111 W. Burnside Street
Portland, OR 97209
Interested In Connect?
CONNECT FOR WOMEN
Call Hannah Doser at 503-828-3187
Email [email protected]
Orientation: 2:00 p.m., Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
CONNECT FOR MEN
Call Dominic Abaria at 503-746-9648
Email [email protected]
Orientation: 11:00 a.m., Monday through Friday