Do you or someone you know need help overcoming homelessness or addiction?
At Portland Rescue Mission, guests find a loving environment, grace for their mistakes, practical skills, freedom from addiction and renewed hope that they can change and make better choices.
Thanks to community support, all of our services are provided free of charge. No insurance required.
Our Burnside Shelter in downtown Portland offers food, shelter, 24/7 restrooms, showers, mail service, chapel services and connection to area resources.
Our Burnside Shelter in downtown Portland offers a 3-month Connect program for men or women (on separate, secure floors) to provide stability, safety, friendship and direction toward independent housing and employment.
Our New Life Ministry for men (at The Harbor) or women (at Shepherd’s Door) includes a 12-month residential program with addiction recovery counseling and life skills training in a safe, healing Christian environment to help people reconnect with God.
Did You Know?
Portland Rescue Mission is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. We do not receive government funding and are not a United Way agency.
- We rely completely on voluntary support from individuals, businesses, foundations, organizations and churches.
- We do not charge any fees for the services we provide.
- Our Burnside Shelter is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- We serve breakfast and dinner FREE every day, not just on special occasions.
- Anyone committed to change is welcome to our 12-month recovery program.
Knowing that we can’t meet every need, we partner with Portland-area organizations and social services to help homeless and addicted men and women get the services they need.
Portland offers a wide variety of resources for those facing unemployment, homelessness, addiction, poverty and/or mental illness.